Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Only Losing Every Other Week?

I am truly confused at the moment! Last Wednesday I weighed in a 262.6 which was a great number considering the two weeks before that I stayed the same weight, here are my past "Weigh In Wednesdays"


February 6th, 2013: 267.8 lbs.
February 13th, 2013: 267.8 lbs.  
February 20th, 2013: 265.0 lbs.
February 27th, 2013: 262.6 lbs. 
March 6th, 2013: 262.6 lbs. 

As you can see I am only losing every other week! Am I at some sort of plateau? I find that unlikely though because I am still in the very early stages of losing weight. I am not doing anything different, I am eating the same (about 1400 calories a day now!) and exercising so I am just a bit confused. Also I notice that the week that I don't lose weight is also the week when its that time of the month for me, could that be the reason I am not losing? If you have some kind advise please let me know :)


Sorry I have been so MIA from commenting on others blogs, I was very busy this week with doctors appointments (don't worry, I am fine) and helping my mom get ready for the spring/summer.

I went to the dermatologist the other day and they told me I have Rosacea, which I figured since I have been red faced my entire life, also it is very common for Irish heritage (I am half Irish half Italian) So she put me on medicine for that and prescribed a cream I have to apply twice a day, hopefully that one day clears up!
Then today I went to the dentist and got two fillings, I have never gotten a filling before so I was very nervous, mostly because of the shot of Novocaine, I was pleasantly surprised though when I found out I wont be needing a shot because the cavities were not that bad, that took a lot  of anxiety away haha.
Also this week I helped my mom clean up our lawn and yard and put out our deck furniture because it is finally starting to warm up here, but of course we are now expecting a foot of snow tomorrow :(

I hope everyone is good and continuing with their goals!
Have a good day,
- Kady



PS, I thought this was cute!

3 comments:

  1. Your body is just losing on a cycle that is not in tune to the 'calendar week'. Accept it becuase you ARE losing! As for 'that week'.....it is probably water retention. I know that I find that my weight pops up 2 pounds of water weight when the monthly ick comes to visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I have experienced the plateau as well as the weight gain during that time of the month. It can be discouraging but I keep remembering that maybe I am also building muscle which weighs more! *Fingers crossed*

    www.carbsdontkillmyvibe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Kady, I think everybody loses weight at a different rate maybe for you it's every other week and especially during that time of the month our body usually retains more fluid and our weight usually fluctuates..so I avoid weighing myself around that time :)

    ReplyDelete