Sunday, February 17, 2013

Feeling Good.

I have been feeling so good since Valentines Day, if you read my last post you know it didn't start very well but since then I have been feeling so good about myself because it just made me even more determined then I already was!

Since I started trying to lose weight (which was about a month ago) I wasn't eating very much (about 700 calories a day) because I didn't educate myself about how losing weight really worked,  I thought the less the eat the more you lose. Boy, was I wrong! Since I posted on MFP that I was only eating 700 calories and people started telling me I was harming my body I have been eating at least 1200 calories a day. In the three days that I have been eating 1200 I have lost 2.5 pounds! That is more then I lost in TWO WEEKS when I was eating 700 calories. I realize now that food is my fuel and eating more means losing more (if you make the right food choices and exercise) 

With the weather warming up I realize that I LOVE walking! Yesterday I walked 3 miles with my sister and her friend around our neighborhood. I walk early in the morning for about a mile and then around 4pm for 2 miles. I am thinking about walking for another week or two and then starting the Couch to 5K program, I would love to eventually run a 5K, I think I am going to make that one of my goals. Also, after losing 100 pounds I plan on running the NYC Marathon, hopefully!

Also, last year I developed a peanut allergy, boo :( 
I used to love carrots and peanut butter, that was my favorite snack, but after developing my peanut allergy I had to give it up. While at the grocery store I was picking up peanut butter (for my family) and saw this...
Fake Peanut Butter! Okay, not fake but peanut free, peanut butter! It actually tastes just like peanut butter, but instead of peanuts its made from soy, I am not sure how it tastes like peanut butter but I don't care! I am just so happy to be able to have my favorite snack back! 


















Hope everyone is having a good weekend!! 
- Kady





1 comment:

  1. congrats on losing weight from eating more! I have to watch myself, too. I have a sneaking suspicion that 1200 calories is too little for me. I might try upping first to 1300, and if I'm still stalling more days than not, maybe even as high as 1400. Once you start down the path of a slower metabolism from too little calories, it becomes a slippery slope. Good for you for realizing this sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete