Sunday, February 10, 2013

Jillian Michael's: 30 Day Shred (Day 1 & 2)

Yesterday I started Jillian Michael's: 30 Day Shred. This was my experience with Day 1 and 2.

Day 1: Oh. My. Goodness. That was the hardest thing I have ever done in my whole life. I got 5 minutes in and could barely stand, I had to pause the video 4 times and breathe for a couple minutes.....but I made it through the whole video.
I realize that what makes it so hard for me is all the jumping jacks and jump rope. I found the Strength and Ab parts were fine for me but the Cardio is what killed me.
I think tomorrow I will try not looking at the video when she does the jumping jacks and jump rope because I try to keep the same pace as them, I think I would do better if I did it at my own pace tomorrow.

Day 2: Okay, still the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but it was a little better today. I tried doing the jumping jacks and jump rope at my own pace and it was a lot better. Hopefully if I keep doing the video everyday it will become more bearable.


- Kady

7 comments:

  1. Keep at it!!!! You can do this! It WILL get easier and eventually you are going to sit back and say "I can't believe I thought that was hard!" I'm rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kady! Glad to find you! If you can't keep up with something on the video, just dance in place. At least you are still moving. You'll gain strength and endurance by keeping at it, I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice Gwen! I will be sure to try that for the next session on the video!

      Delete
  3. Go Kady!
    Stick with it. You are so young and have the rest of your life to set up positive habits. You can do it. What year in high school are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind support!
    I am in my junior year of high (11th grade)
    Do you have a blog? I would love to check it out!
    -Kady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like me with Insanity. Most workouts are hard the first time but after that, you know that you can do it because you've already done it! It's just a little thing called endurance. Can't wait to read about when you rock it...and how happy you were about rocking it :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete