Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Well today was weigh-in day, I didn't gain or lose I am exactly 267.8, same as last week. 
It was a rough week for me, I lacked motivation and didn't exercise much the first couple days of the week but I kept myself from slipping into my old ways of binge eating and letting myself go. I have not been a healthy weight since I was 10 years old, but even then I was still a little on the heavy side. I am determined to keep at this new lifestyle change and do this for my health and for my self esteem. 

 I am going to try and increase my exercise this week, instead of doing 45-60 minutes I will try doing an hour and a half. I am thinking of joining a gym but I am not sure if I have the confidence to exercise in front of a whole room of people that are older then me and are in better shape. 


Also I am not sure if I am eating enough, I eat anywhere from 700-1000 calories a day. Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, then a Snack again. I eat healthy for all those meals and feel full but 700-1000  calories just sounds a bit low and I don't know if that is affecting my weight loss, am I not losing because I am not eating enough and my body is holding on to as much food as it can get. I am not starving myself though, I feel full....or at least I think I feel full. I am not sure as what to do at this point. I saw a nutritionist two weeks ago and she told me I should be eating 1200 calories MINIMUM but I feel like I will be force feeding myself at that point. 
If anyone has any advise please let me know! 

Have a great day! 
- Kady

2 comments:

  1. You're definitely not eating enough. Even elderly women who are disabled eat double that. :( Here is a calculator that will help you figure out how much you should be eating to MAINTAIN your weight: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced Then take that number and subtract 15% from it. That will give you a number to eat that will help you lose weight but maintain muscle mass and bone density (very important!). As you lose, go back and re-calculate as it will change as you lose more. Also check out GoKaleo.com, that is a great blog with some of the benefits of eating more and also one girl's success story... as well as busting of some of those myths, including eat less to lose weight. Also, EatMore2WeighLess.com is a great site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, 1200 is the bare minimum. Your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto your weight for self-preservation when you go below 1200 calories a day.

    ReplyDelete